Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Dragons Be Everywhere

The Story of Owen: Dragon Slayer of Trondheim
By E.K. Johnston

In a parallel world, one like our own, there are dragons. With dragons comes dragon slayers. Tales are told of these brave men and women by loyal bards, sung in halls, passed down through the generations. Present day, the dragons are threatening the normalcy everyday living especially in rural Ontario, Canada. Here, our story teller, bard-in-training, Siobhan tells the story of Owen Thorskard, Dragon Slayer of Trondheim.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, PERFECT! ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!

Picked this one up at the library, completely random, excited for a story about dragons. Boy, what a find. Incredible. Honestly, I swear this book was written for me - music, dragons, Canada, history with a twist.


If I could pick one problem, the choice of calling the main character Siobhan. Constantly I had to remind myself that it was Chev-onne not Sie-Oh-Ban. How many people are familiar with this name. And there's no pronunciation guide.


A potential problem, that I really, REALLY enjoyed was the alternative history lessons. Think you knew WWII, think again. A book like this I savoured and didn't mind these stops in action.


LOOOOOVED it. And, the writing was impeccable. It was like a rich dessert, one that you love but have to eat slowly to savour it. I recommend this book to ANY dragon lover, young adult or adult.


Canada represent!


5/5 STARS


Classroom: Probably not... that won't stop me from recommending it to everyone!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment