Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

In Your Dreams

Dream a Little Dream
By Kerstin Gier

Liv Silver moves around a lot. The latest place her mom has settled in is London. Because of this, her dreams have become weird. One night she dreams she's in a graveyard with four boys. Next day at school, those very same boys are there. Something is not right in the dreamworld.

This was on my to-read-list but not for this year. However, it came in the library and I had to take it out. I loved Kerstin Gier's Ruby Red Trilogy. It was fun and hilarious.

Can I say I liked this one better? The writing improved and the humour of the main character, Liv, had me giggling out loud. Gier has this magical ability to make funny heroines and really intriguing worlds. Long since I've been a fan of Alice in Wonderland, I've been fascinated by dreams and the riddles of our psychology that they play.

There could've been confusion when writing characters wandering around in each other's dreams, however, it is written with such ease that the transitions are non-confusing and delightful. The inserts of the high-school "Tittle Tattle" blog add a little extra, but might be superfluous. I do like the idea of including a different media into a novel.

Maaaaaybe a little bit of insta love. But I didn't care. Remember what it was like in high school? To have one crush one week and then next week another. Hormone's are wreaking havoc on the teenage system and they cannot fathom why they feel so attracted to someone immediately. At least, that's what I tell myself when I come across these "insta-love" type novels. Our main character was so head-strong that I don't believe her to be completely ruled by her heart over her head, or by her raging hormones.

Fun! Stupidly fun and a perfect summer read. Yet again, Kerstin Gier creates loveable characters and hilarious dialogue. Highly recommend for a quick, fun read.

4/5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment